Many people ask why hair or clothing shows up as "squiggles" or "point clouds". This is the way that Poser tells you that a transparency map is being applied to the hair. Most all hairstyles use transparency maps to make the hair look more realistic. This is one slight drawback of Poser, anything (clothes, hair, skin, etc), that has a transparency map loaded onto it, looks "invisible", or has a point cloud displayed. There is no way around this, however, once you render your scene, the hair will look normal and you will not see squiggles.
Have more questions? Submit a request
Articles in this section
- Smith Micro's Support Page
- Turning on Polygon Smoothing in Poser
- How can I make the "point clouds" in Poser easier to see prior to Rendering?
- Clothing problems with the Freak 4 in Poser
- Why do my Hair and Clothing models appear to have squiggles or dots on them in Poser?
- Why do my figures appear to be white after applying textures in Poser?
- Why is Poser 5-7 loading my textures incorrectly, even though the texture map itself is fine? (Mac)
- How do I install DAZ products into other language versions of Poser?
- How do I get rid of seams in my Poser render?
- Can I save poses that utilize Victoria 4's Full Body Morphs (FBMs), in Poser?